BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2010, 11:22 AM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

100, even 200 posts are way to little. Just because someone has 200 posts doesn't mean they are trustworthy and know the forum.

Maybe at 3,000 one can truly say you are a master at BI, and can be trusted.

It could also be determined by rep! 100 rep points? 10 from mods/admins?

View Post Originally Posted by BriannaBallet
IF they gave use so much power some people might abuse it.
Switch out might with will. Look at the people on BABV, we are given the freedom of speech, and people abuse it.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:37 AM
carlysoccerbear45
Banned
BABV Name: Call me Brittany.<33

carlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to behold
 carlysoccerbear45 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BriannaBallet
IF they gave use so much power some people might abuse it.

That is true. Anybody could get in because 100 post, that's like nothing. If they did 500 or 1,000, that would be different. Good idea though! =]
Old 01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
miss fuzzy pal
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gracie/Lori♥

miss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to behold
 miss fuzzy pal is offline Status: Offline

I think that is a good idea but too many people would be JR mods I think you should have at least 1000 posts , no warnings and been a member for at least 2 months (:
I think that would be a better idea
Old 01-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Caroline4LeafClover465
Trading Teddy

Caroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant future
 Caroline4LeafClover465 is offline Status: Offline

I think you should at least be 13 and up. Younger people might take advantage of the things
Old 01-10-2010, 02:23 PM
pancakes991
Banned
BABV Name: SunshineCub2

pancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the rough
 pancakes991 is offline Status: Offline

the one thing is if you look at the regular mod thing it says you need 100 posts. So i think that you should need about 500 posts to be a jr mod.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:45 PM
hayleyadorable387
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Hayley

hayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of light
 hayleyadorable387 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by FluffyCuddle44
I agree with Starr, as great as it sounds in theory, it might be opening a can of worms to have individuals apply. Maybe something that was awarded on merit and past performance on the forum.

Maybe The job of a Jr. Moderator should be very limited to only being able to move a post to the right section or removing a post that is spam or vulgar.

I don't think a Jr. Moderator should be able to counsel, reprimand or have anything to do directly with the status of another member. This privilege more so to be used as a tool to help the Moderators who have so much to do with their volunteered time to help point out problem areas or certain requests that might need sooner attention then others.

Great idea and thanks for posting it.
I agree with Fluffy if every member applied than that would be way to much people maybe ceratin people who admin notice post a lot of helpful posts and they know they are good maybe could get in.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:55 PM
TyTy
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: TyWarmHeart2

TyTy will become famous soon enoughTyTy will become famous soon enough
 TyTy is offline Status: Offline

Instead of post number you could also go by join date, so then you know if the user is active, and joined a certain amount of time ago they probably know more about BI. Just a thought.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 AM
DiamondPawfect27
Trading Teddy

DiamondPawfect27 is on a distinguished road
 DiamondPawfect27 is offline Status: Offline
Wink

View Post Originally Posted by pancakes991
I have a pawsome idea for bearvilleinsider! It's called Jr. Moderator. If you were a jr moderator you would have to have at least 100 posts. To be a jr moderator you would have to of been a member of BI for at least 6 months and also you would have to take a quiz when you apply the quiz would be about safety babv and bearvilleinsider. That way the mod and admins would not have to go through so many applications that people sent in . If you were a Jr. Moderator you would be able to edit peoples posts and lock and remove and move threads. There would be a secret section in the forum that only jr. moderators mods and admins would be able to see. Jr. mods could post if a member was breaking the rules in the special section that only mods, jr. mods and admins could view. The mods and admins would see that and they would no that the person was breaking rules. Jr moderators would also be able to warn a member and when they tried to post they would have to review the rules before they could post again. Also their would be a message saying why they were warned.

I hope you all like my idea!
I love your idea! But time past fast and there is over 11,000 people on BI with over a hundred post and six months. Like AJ said the mods should choose the Jr. Mods the ones they trust will do a good job and keep a look out. =)
Old 01-27-2010, 12:13 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by TyTy
Instead of post number you could also go by join date, so then you know if the user is active, and joined a certain amount of time ago they probably know more about BI. Just a thought.
Yeah, they could also go through the persons posts (like they do with trading teddy applications) to make sure that they have helpful posts and haven't done anything against the rules to make sure they'd make a good Jr. Mod.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
BobbyOBeary1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BobbyOBeary1,LunaMoonBeam157

BobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond repute
 BobbyOBeary1 is offline Status: Offline

I am sure my post is not going to be very popular, but I don't think there is a need for Jr. Moderators. We have staff here who do a fine job.They have to go through a screening process to get that position. There are reasons why you must be an adult to be a mod. If you want to help monitor the site, you can use the flag and report options. The staff appreciates when we help that way. I think that too many people would want to be Jr. Mods. If staff had to choose just a few, others would be hurt if they were not chosen. As FluffyCuddle44 said, I think it would be opening a big can of worms! However, I want to say that I think everyone here has really thought about this and expressed their opinions very well.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT