BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2010, 12:32 AM
AbbyArtsy7
Polar Bear
BABV Name: abbyartsy78, abbyguitarhero78

AbbyArtsy7 is on a distinguished road
 AbbyArtsy7 is offline Status: Offline

Maybe one day in the future on a special day theu would let us all be a moderator for one day just to see what its like.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BobbyOBeary1
I am sure my post is not going to be very popular, but I don't think there is a need for Jr. Moderators. We have staff here who do a fine job.They have to go through a screening process to get that position. There are reasons why you must be an adult to be a mod. If you want to help monitor the site, you can use the flag and report options. The staff appreciates when we help that way. I think that too many people would want to be Jr. Mods. If staff had to choose just a few, others would be hurt if they were not chosen. As FluffyCuddle44 said, I think it would be opening a big can of worms! However, I want to say that I think everyone here has really thought about this and expressed their opinions very well.
Your post may not be that popular or anything but I have to say that I agree with it actually. The mods and admins we have here now are really helpful, here for a reason, and I guess it's just that some people here wanna have the experience to be a mini mod or something because they don't have the chance to be a normal mod or admin, but I really don't know. (:
Old 01-27-2010, 02:30 AM
MichaelMusicMaker3
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MichaelMusicMaker3

MichaelMusicMaker3 will become famous soon enoughMichaelMusicMaker3 will become famous soon enough
 MichaelMusicMaker3 is offline Status: Offline

I'm glad you enjoy sharing your ideas, but I honestly don't think that there should be Jr. Moderators. There is a reason why BI, which is run by adults, is much more successful than many other BABV forums, which are run by children. Not to mention, all applying mods and admins must go through background checks, which cannot be applied to children. I believe that the current administrators and moderators are doing a perfectly fine job with keeping this site running smoothly. I am very happy with the responsibilities/privileges that BI has given us (being able to report posts).

Also, as I think about it, the moderators want to keep BI as a place where equals can get to know each other. If some members were put in a higher position than others, it could really distance people from others and create resentment. It would discourage friendly relations.

I say we just do our best to help the administrators and mods in their tasks. If you have to encourage another member to follow the rules or be kind, then encourage them! If you find an inappropriate post, then flag it!

I hope this made my opinion known.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Miss.Piggy
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SabrinaAdventureBear381

Miss.Piggy will become famous soon enoughMiss.Piggy will become famous soon enough
 Miss.Piggy is offline Status: Offline

Great idea! Only, nearly all of the BI members would be Jr.Moderators. Maybe some people are not responsible enough to be given the privillage, and they would go around, locking threads up for no reason. 100 posts isn't enough, either. The quiz, everyone would be able to pass, I think. So, a person could go and take the quiz and get everything right and be a moderator, just like that. And, what if a person knows someone who did something wrong and didn't report them, or something. I think only adults should be mods and admins. Unless someone from BI is trust-worthy.

View Post Originally Posted by AbbyArtsy7
Maybe one day in the future on a special day theu would let us all be a moderator for one day just to see what its like.
But, what about the pressure? What if people had questions and the person who would be the moderator, didn't know the answer?
Old 01-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Wintermint Bear
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Agnesspeedracer

Wintermint Bear is on a distinguished road
 Wintermint Bear is offline Status: Offline

I like the idea of having Jr. Moderators on here and them being able to talk to Administrators in a separate area to tell each one what they found in posts if they are in wrong area or people using inappropriate words or behavior. I think that the ones that want to become one should be given that chance by on their posts and behavior. I like that they could with the number of posts and the time they have been here but I think that they to should use appropriate behavior and sorry but also no fluff posts would count. It should be given to those with good behavior here and have it as an opportunity for them to decide if they want the position along with the responsibility that comes with it. Then later they could move up to Moderators after that Administrators when they reach the point where it would be appropriate for them to get that on length of time and good posts. I also think that if they break one of the rules the privileged should be taken away and they would have to work toward it again.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:35 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Miss.Piggy
Great idea! Only, nearly all of the BI members would be Jr.Moderators. Maybe some people are not responsible enough to be given the privillage, and they would go around, locking threads up for no reason. 100 posts isn't enough, either. The quiz, everyone would be able to pass, I think. So, a person could go and take the quiz and get everything right and be a moderator, just like that. And, what if a person knows someone who did something wrong and didn't report them, or something. I think only adults should be mods and admins. Unless someone from BI is trust-worthy.

But, what about the pressure? What if people had questions and the person who would be the moderator, didn't know the answer?
The thing is if someone applied to become a Jr. Mod or a Jr. Admin the normal staff wouldn't have to accept the application, they could pick out the people who they wanted.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Danielle<3
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Daniellejellybear4 I'm famous

Danielle<3 will become famous soon enoughDanielle<3 will become famous soon enough
 Danielle<3 is offline Status: Offline

i think your idea is good but i think it will not work out in the end
Old 01-29-2010, 04:43 PM
rainbow96
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kristindazzle21[Kristin-Chan]

rainbow96 will become famous soon enough
 rainbow96 is offline Status: Offline

that's cool, but kids don't have the knowledge and responsibilities like the older ones....... i think it's a bad idea.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:57 PM
LeahAngel19
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LeahAngel19

LeahAngel19 will become famous soon enough
 LeahAngel19 is offline Status: Offline

Edit peoples posts? Lock threads?

That would be chaotic.

Everyone would be trying to boss everyone around. I think we should just stick with the whole staff choosing their own mods thing.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
KaylaBubbles
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KaylaPawsitivelyFun

KaylaBubbles is on a distinguished road
 KaylaBubbles is offline Status: Offline

That's a nice idea, but some people aren't just cut out to be a Moderator. They could disobey rules themselves, also. I think it's fine just the way it is for right now
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT