BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
BriannaBallet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BriannaBallet6

BriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond repute
 BriannaBallet is offline Status: Offline

12 or 13 would be good i think. But I know alot of mature 11 year olds
Old 01-10-2010, 02:19 PM
pancakes991
Banned
BABV Name: SunshineCub2

pancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the rough
 pancakes991 is offline Status: Offline

it should only be about 200 posts cause if you look if you want to be a real mod you only need 100 posts
Old 01-10-2010, 02:19 PM
ValentinaHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Time to move on

ValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud of
 ValentinaHug is offline Status: Offline

yeah. I think mods could be 11-14 then they could be a jr admin.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:24 PM
BriannaBallet
Trading Teddy

BriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond repute

but that might show ages kinda.....

Maybe 11-17 so then you could know if they are a teenager or an adult

What about a quiz like mthe Jr cyberguide thing/
Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 PM
pancakes991
Banned

pancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the rough

yeah a quiz would be good!! Also 11-17 sounds good
Old 01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
BriannaBallet
Trading Teddy

Then the staff would know our BI knowledge.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:46 PM
DiamondPawfect27
Trading Teddy

DiamondPawfect27 is on a distinguished road
 DiamondPawfect27 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by laurenblue50
Since Pancakes991 thought of the idea for jr. mods, I thought how about jr admins.
So to be able to apply to be a jr. mod you have to have
  • 1,000 posts
  • a member for at least 6 and a half months
  • understand all rules
  • not get warnings every week
  • know how to do everything in the forum (be familiarized with the forum)
  • 11-17 years old
  • know all of the moderators
I said 1,000 posts because it is a really special thing.
These are great ideas..

Last edited by DiamondPawfect27; 01-10-2010 at 02:51 PM..
Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 PM
ValentinaHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Time to move on

ValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud of
 ValentinaHug is offline Status: Offline

yeah I agree....
Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 PM
pancakes991
Banned

the one thing is what could a jr admin even do because they can not have so so much power. Also maybe mods that are really mods could like aply to be a jr moderator
Old 01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

I see how everyone would love it, because everyone wants to be a Jr. Admin or a Jr. Mod, but if a bunch of younger kids were Jr. Admin's, don't you think there might be some safety issues? Plus, being a Jr. Admin I think would give members too much power. 11 years old I think would be a little too young, and some kids might be too immature and still apply, and because of the fact that they have all the acquirements they'll just be accepted. If there were Jr. Admins I think that the staff should choose who it is, and they would have to know A LOT about build-a-bearville and bearvilleinsider.
Another thing is, BI is a vbulliten made forum, they're NOT allowed to collect personal information like a background check, last name, where they live exactly and stuff like that from members who are younger than 18. If you take a look at the normal mod application list they need a background check, and need to know the last name and first name, and where they live. Since the people are over 18 it's fine cuz it's not against the vbulliten rules, but if they were asking that information from younger kids so they could assure they were picking safe people there would be so problems.

As far as I know many of you like this idea, I think there might be some problems with it.
That's just my opinion though, and I know that it's like the different one out of you all... You did do a good job thinking of an idea though.

View Post Originally Posted by pancakes991
it should only be about 200 posts cause if you look if you want to be a real mod you only need 100 posts
If you had such little amounts of posts to become a Jr. Admin then ANYONE could apply. Don't you think this should be more of a privilege?
And, I personally think that the mods and admins should pick certain people and then quiz them on BI and BABV and internet safety, if they did that then they could find people who knew the most.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT