BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Ashleynesses
Polar Bear
BABV Name: katiebee259

Ashleynesses is on a distinguished road
 Ashleynesses is offline Status: Offline
Exclamation Unanswered: how do i get a babv open certificet

how do i get a babv open certificit and where will it go to
Old 01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
PriscillaBallerina31
Sage Bear
BABV Name: PriscillaBallerina31

PriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond repute
 PriscillaBallerina31 is offline Status: Offline

The only way to get one now is to try to see if your store allows you to take an old animal before 2007 to get a new birth certificate made for it and that would give you choice or like a cookie monster or big bird animal
A lot of stores will not let you re-birth or make a new certificate for an old bear.
My store does not allow this to be done cause they want to make the sales from new animals and have to worry about how many sales the store does
Some stores will do that but you better call your store to make sure first
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 PM
SamanthaPopstar50
Banned
BABV Name: SamanthaPopstar50

SamanthaPopstar50 will become famous soon enough
 SamanthaPopstar50 is offline Status: Offline

i want to know that too!! can i just ask for an open certificate?/
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM
ashatiana
Polar Bear
BABV Name: zoeybeemine342

ashatiana is on a distinguished road
 ashatiana is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by PriscillaBallerina31
The only way to get one now is to try to see if your store allows you to take an old animal before 2007 to get a new birth certificate made for it and that would give you choice or like a cookie monster or big bird animal
A lot of stores will not let you re-birth or make a new certificate for an old bear.
My store does not allow this to be done cause they want to make the sales from new animals and have to worry about how many sales the store does
i know my store will not let you which is very sad to me because i have 5 animals that i got at thrift stores and can not rebirth them they will not even let you pay for a new certificate which i think they should let you. but they will let you re stuff them
Old 01-27-2010, 06:16 PM
hayleyadorable387
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Hayley

hayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of light
 hayleyadorable387 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by PriscillaBallerina31
Yes PriscillaBallerina is right but I think there is another way, if you live in a continet or place where they do not have that bear avaliable online for you than you can pick your bear I am not sure though because my friend did that and she lives in Africa(I think)
Old 01-27-2010, 08:01 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

Certain bears have open certificates and certain ones don't. If the bear doesn't have an online version of itself then it'll be an open certificate and you'll be able to just pick any bear. So that means super new bears that haven't been programmed into the system yet, or bears that are from before BABV time. I don't think there are any of those right now.

One way that you can get something similar to an open certificate is when you "rebirth" a build-a-bear, you'll be able to pick any bear from the computers in the BABW, so if you were to pick a bear that's not in the BABV system or is a really old bear that you can't get anymore then you'll get an open certificate when you put the code onto BABV.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:10 PM
shastagirl11
Polar Bear
BABV Name: stephbballbear12

shastagirl11 is on a distinguished road
 shastagirl11 is offline Status: Offline

There are only two official ways to get an open certificate:
1) The bear you choose is not available on BABV.
2) You are lucky enough to get an open certificate. Besides reason #1, some random furry friends in the entire BABW inventory have open certificates. You can't tell if it is open or not until you bring your furry friend to life.

Good luck! Just hope for the best.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

yeah, i got the dimples teddy and he had an open certificate. I didn't know what is was then though.....=( i should have taken a rarer bear.....
Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
cutiepie193768
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: aj2hip17855 & harlinicebear

cutiepie193768 has a spectacular aura aboutcutiepie193768 has a spectacular aura aboutcutiepie193768 has a spectacular aura about
 cutiepie193768 is offline Status: Offline

my build a bear let me... i had a 2000 bear, limited addition, and i got to have an open certificate. i still have one more i need to take... it is a really old one to. my brother also got an open cirtificate from a monkey our neighbor gave us... i should get some bears from thrift stores lol... that would help me get some bears i want online lol =)
Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
AmyWinter21
Trading Teddy

AmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant futureAmyWinter21 has a brilliant future
 AmyWinter21 is offline Status: Offline

If you have a webpass thing, I think you can get one, or if you have a older bear (That you got in really late 2007, or early 2008), or you just have good luck.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT