BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2008, 11:35 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Faithballetbear5

FaithBalletBear5 will become famous soon enough
 FaithBalletBear5 is offline Status: Offline
Lightbulb Member Created Instruction Manuals: Signatures, Polls, Resizing, Picture Editing, etc

Links to help....
Spoiler Tags
Trader Rating System
Volunteers that will take a pic for you
Using Imageshack
Getting Pics from BABV using a laptop!
Turning off Subscriptions to Threads

The first place to start looking for answers to any questions about this forum is on the Board FAQ page. There are tons of information to get you started and hopefully answer any questions you may have. Freya put together a list of links to choose from that will help you figure out how to use the blog and how to make changes to your account to personalize your posts.
This is the list of links that you will find under the FAQ page.....

How to Create a Screen Shot
General Forum Usage
User Profile Features
Reading and Posting Messages

If, after looking through all of the information there, you find that you are still having problems, many of our members have created great "manuals" that should help. This is not a thread that anyone will be able to post on, but I will up-date it when I see new materials out there that need to be on spotlight. If you find that you need more detailed information and help, please feel free to continue to ask questions in the technical questions thread. It may lead to even better help for our newest members.
Thanks so much to all of you who have made such wonderful contributions to this site.
Faith

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 07-15-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:37 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Guide to Making Animated Pictures
by Linda

Making animated pictures is really easy when you get the hang of it. After reading this guide, you will be able to make pictures of yourself saying 'friendly rocks!', doing the valentine’s dance or an emoticon.

Now let's make an animated picture saying 'hi babv blog!' You want to find a less crowded den to park yourself. Now take a screen shot of you just standing there not doing anything. Make sure there are not any people around you(unless you want them in the picture). Paste it into Paint. Next take a screen shot of you saying each word. Open up another window of Paint to paste each screen shot.

Next, you have to resize the picture, which may be the hardest part. You have to make sure each picture is the same size and that your avatar is in the same spot in each picture.

Click the image to open in full size.

Now save your pictures as different names, of course. Go to lunapic.com. Upload your first picture.

Roll your mouse over Animation, then click add animation frame.

Upload your second screen shot.
http://i28.tinypic.com/2qia9ec.jpg

Continue to upload your screen shots.

When you’re done you roll your mouse over animation and click Animation Settings.
http://i25.tinypic.com/beej9k.jpg

Now you can set the speed of your animation. You can make it really fast, slow, or normal. When you find your perfect speed, click Apply.
http://i32.tinypic.com/2cwr2b5.jpg

Now you have your final picture. Right click the picture then save image.
http://i26.tinypic.com/95nfk8.jpg

Then you upload the picture to tinypic.com. Copy the IMG code and you can post it on the babv blog forums!

Tah-dah!!

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 11:08 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:40 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Allowing visitors to leave you comments on your profile
by LindaFriendly

Click User CP at the top, then click edit options on the sides. Scroll down and you will see an option to enable visitor messages. click the box beside it and save changes.

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 11:15 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:40 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Different ways to comment and adding an avatar
by Faith

The different ways to comment just give you some options for what your message will look like.
-You can make a new reply and a screen will pop up where you make your comment, change your font and format, add smilies or pictures.
-You can also quote another person's post if you wanted to reply to that one specifically.
-The last way to comment is a quick reply. This just opens up the posting box at the bottom of the page. It is more limited (can't really change font or add smilies as much as in the advanced posting box), but is probably the easiest way to post.

As for adding an avatar, you can look for instructions under the FAQ page on the top toolbar. You will go onto your user control panel ("user cp" on top tool bar) and edit it from there. You will need to have a picture you like already on your computer or the link to your picture. You can get a link by going to a site such as ImageShack or Photobucket. I believe there are more indepth details to be found on this site already. Let me know if I can help you track them down.

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 11:16 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:41 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

A Couple of Tips About This Blog
by Clairebearystyling

Hi everyone! I just thought I would share a couple of tips with everyone about this site. One thing I noticed is that if you hold your mouse over a "new thread" for a few seconds, a yellowish box appears with the same text in it as in the new thread. So you can read it before you decide to click on it and read all the responses and everything. Also, at the bottom of every entry, there are some boxes that allow you to do different things. The one with the two chevrons (arrow lookin' things) lets you submit a "quick post." You don't get all the automatic options for the smiles and some of the formatting. But, if you remeber the code for it like ":" "D" gives you a big smiley and ":" ")" gives you a regular smiley, you can still use them.

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 11:17 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:42 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Joecool created a great thread about posting pictures in the blog, however it is to detailed to move over here. Please looking under Getting Around the Forum for his thread called "How to post pictures and put it in your post BY:JOECOOL".

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 11:18 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:42 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

How to give Reputation
by JOECOOL
***This can only be done when you've reached Trading Teddy level***

Do you every want to thank someone for being helpful or nice well here is a way that you can: Reputation. Reputation or better know as Rep is when you give something like a point now it is NOT a contest to see who has most rep so I bet you are wondering how to give Rep well here is how you do it.

First by every post you see a little thing that looks like it has bars going up click on that

Then you will see a screen that looks like this

What do you think about BLANK's post
I approve
I disaprove
Your comment on this post

Now type something in the comment box then you are done

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 07-25-2008 at 07:13 PM..
Old 06-15-2008, 12:01 AM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Resizing your picture in Paint
by Faith

Some have had problems with the pictures they post being to large or having a large area of blank white space surrounding their pictures. If this happens to you it is because when you created your picture you did not resize the frame around the pic to only include the picture.
When you have the Paint program open there is a small blue square about midway down on the very edge of the page and on the bottom. You can use these to resize your picture to make it smaller or larger. Just click and drag the blue square to where you want it. When uploading and trying to get the right size, it usually works best if you resize until the edge of the page completely frames your picture.

Hopefully these pictures will make it clear what I'm trying to get across.

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 11:40 PM..
Old 06-15-2008, 04:16 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Posting pictures using a Mac
by Freya

Here's how to take screen shots
MAC: 1. Press the 'Shift' 'Command' and '4' buttons at the same time.
2. Move the curser to the part of the screen you want to take a pic of.
3. Press the mouse and move it to cover the area you want in the pic..
4. Release the mouse and your pic will be saved to desktop. (then I import into iphoto, crop as needed and export it in jpg to the size I want.
5. Import the pic into photobucket, tinypic or imageshack to post here.

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 11:40 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Adding a Poll to Your Post
by Faith

First click on Thread tools and click add poll to this thread...

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-20-2008 at 09:54 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT