BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Front Page News

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 PM
Tamster
Sage Bear
BABV Name: tammyteddybear4

Tamster has a spectacular aura aboutTamster has a spectacular aura aboutTamster has a spectacular aura about
 Tamster is offline Status: Offline
Default Warning : Scam alert! Direct message from VanessaCybearGuide!!

A new articles entry has been added:

Article# 907: Warning : Scam alert! Direct message from VanessaCybearGuide!!

This is a scam warning directly from VanessaCyBearGuide!

It has come to our attention that a third party has been sending out an email that looks like an official email from Build-A-Bearville asking for your Citizen Name and Current Password. Here's an email received by one of our Guests:
Click the image to open in full size.

Please IGNORE this email. THIS IS A SCAM. We will never ask for your username and password. If you received this email and replied, PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS NOW!

Note: If you'd like to see any of the thumbnail images full-size, please visit the original article on the front page - Article# 907: Warning : Scam alert! Direct message from VanessaCybearGuide!!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:43 PM
aj2hip8931
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: FlorenceBBallBear1 (floor)

aj2hip8931 will become famous soon enoughaj2hip8931 will become famous soon enough
 aj2hip8931 is offline Status: Offline

ChloeRocks sent us a BearMail message on BABV telling us about the Scam and that it wasn't BABW.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
GiselleBear21
Polar Bear
BABV Name: GiselleBear21

GiselleBear21 is on a distinguished road
 GiselleBear21 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by aj2hip8931
ChloeRocks sent us a BearMail message on BABV telling us about the Scam and that it wasn't BABW.
I got one too!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
rosepetals910
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ROSSSEE♥

rosepetals910 is a glorious beacon of lightrosepetals910 is a glorious beacon of lightrosepetals910 is a glorious beacon of lightrosepetals910 is a glorious beacon of lightrosepetals910 is a glorious beacon of light
 rosepetals910 is offline Status: Offline

OMG Thank so much for posting!!!! I so would have told them my password if nobody had told me... thank you!!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:46 PM
KatyWhite2
Trading Teddy

KatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud of
 KatyWhite2 is offline Status: Offline
Default Oh!

I was wondering what she was talking about, and I thought that I was the only one who got it. I would not have gave them it, anyway. Thanks for explaining.

-Never share your username or password with anyone!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
BrandonSeaShell6
Trading Teddy

BrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to all
 BrandonSeaShell6 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Snewdles
Trading Teddy

Snewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond repute
 Snewdles is offline Status: Offline

Omg! That's creepy!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:06 PM
moonbow
Banned
BABV Name: TerminallyCapricious

moonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud of
 moonbow is offline Status: Offline

I got a BABV mail from Chloerocks saying almost exactly that.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM
bellacapricorn40
Trading Teddy

bellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the roughbellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the roughbellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the roughbellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the rough
 bellacapricorn40 is offline Status: Offline

Wow this is just awful to hear! Thanks so much for the warning
Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 PM
angie
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: angiefullofhugs1

angie will become famous soon enoughangie will become famous soon enough
 angie is offline Status: Offline

thank you so much luckily chloe rocks sent a message to.saying to ignore this email.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail says how rude, bella was here :)