BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2010, 06:21 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: NickiSnowflake (Snow on BABV)

NickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to all
 NickiSnowflake is offline Status: Offline
Default Nicki's Guide to Having a Successful Shop.

Okay, so I've noticed that a lot of people have been asking "How do I make my shop more popular?" So I decided to create a guide.

NOTE~ This is just how I do it and is not necessarily the only way.

1.) Put the link in your siggie, But do it in a way so that it stands out. (Like mine)

2.) Add more things! When people see a shop, they like seeing a lot of options.

3.) Make sure you have a good discription in the title. Like if you just put "Avvie and Siggie Shop," no one will come.

4.) Have at least ONE thing that's your specialty. For example, mine are my beams. (For now LOL)

5.) Make original things. Have options that no one else or that few people have. At least ONE. For example, I now have these "Personal Coat of Arms" avvies that I draw that people seem to like.

6.) Show LOTS of examples. I find that it helps.

7.) Have an interesting display on your shop. Make it colorful, have a nice banner, etc.

8.) Put your name at the corner of every order. That way if people like it, they know who made it.

9.) Have your avvie be something that YOU made. It's another type of advertisement.

10.) Deliver orders in a TIMELY MANNER. This is probably one of the MOST important things. People like it when their order gets done quickly or in a timely manner. If you are busy and don't have time, tell your customers that, while they still may order, they won't get done until (insert time here).

11.) Have forms! I can't stress this enough. People want direction. If you have forms, it's easier for them to make their decision.

And that's all I have. If you have anymore questions, feel free to VM me. And if you have anymore ways, please post them here and I will put them on the first post under "More Ways by Various BI members."

More Ways by Various BI members~

1.) Make sure your customers give you credit. That way, people will see what you can do, which will make them more likely to order, too! (Thanks Ruby!)

Last edited by NickiSnowflake; 04-28-2010 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Updated
Old 04-15-2010, 06:27 PM
angel89
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Kaitlyn

angel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond repute
 angel89 is offline Status: Offline

this s relly healthful thx for positn
Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 PM
SkyAquarius61
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SkyAquarius61

SkyAquarius61 is a jewel in the roughSkyAquarius61 is a jewel in the roughSkyAquarius61 is a jewel in the roughSkyAquarius61 is a jewel in the rough
 SkyAquarius61 is offline Status: Offline

Good guide!

Thanks for sharing!

This really helps!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy

NickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to all

No problem!

I'm glad it helps!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 AM
pinkteddy8844
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Call meh Katie or Pink BD

pinkteddy8844 is on a distinguished road
 pinkteddy8844 is offline Status: Offline

How do you do beams? I want them on my shop but have no idea how to do them...I think I don't have the program you need to make them...
Old 04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy

What program do you have?
Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 PM
PrincessRuby
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Don't play...

PrincessRuby is just really nicePrincessRuby is just really nicePrincessRuby is just really nicePrincessRuby is just really nice
 PrincessRuby is offline Status: Offline

Thanks fur posting. Also what about making sure people give credit for an order they recieve
Old 04-25-2010, 03:12 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy

Oh yeah! I'll add that. Thanks Ruby!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT