BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
DestinyGirlsRock10
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DestinyGirlsRock10

DestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the rough
 DestinyGirlsRock10 is offline Status: Offline
Default The making of a dct

Guide for making a great DCT

Hi everyone,
Have you signed up for a DCT or are thinking of it? Then this guide is perfect for you it will give you all the key points into making a perfect DCT!

Of course you can not just make a dct out of no where you have to plan and sign up, here is a link to the sign up sheet
click here.
The best times to sign up is on the weekends because more people are on and that means more people posting and maybe you'll even beat the record of 5,000 post!

Picking a topic:
When making a dct its important to have a good topic picked out something you know you as well as other people will like or find interesting.

Planning:
I always plan for my DCT's if the subject is about for example a movie, I do alot of my research before, also I type it all in a word document. Sometimes you don't have to much time when its your dct day so try typing it in a document then just copy and paste and add a few more details about it if you wish.

Making it interesting:
Don't make your topics simple make it really interesting google the subject and know your facts, for example if it was about a movie you could list the actors and actresses were the movie was filmed about were the movie was filmed who helped in the movie, who designed all the outfits and things of that nature, this will make the topic fun and interesting to read and hopefully get you more post on your dct.

Give them something to do:
It's always important to have something for everyone to do on your DCT. Maybe have a food fight or have stuff planned to talk about. Because dct's aren't supposed to be all about the subject. Tell people list your favorite song or list what your doing right now. This is another key to getting lots of post.

What is a DCT:
A DCT is a daily chat thread, you can chat about anything in them on or off topic. There a great way to reach more post.

Thank you for reading I hope I helped out!

(didn't know if I should put this here or in the guides section so I picked both sorry!)
Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
ZoeApril1377
Trading Teddy

ZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant futureZoeApril1377 has a brilliant future
 ZoeApril1377 is offline Status: Offline

Destiny, this is amazing! This tips are awesome, and they are really helping me out. My first DCT is on the 4th of May and I'm sooo excited, and now I have some really awesome pointers on how to make good DCTs! Thanks Destiny!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:08 PM
MeoweeCat
Polar Bear
BABV Name: 『RebekahRocknRoll6』

MeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to behold
 MeoweeCat is offline Status: Offline

This is a nice guide! Thanks for posting! :]
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM
IzzytennisStar7
Trading Teddy

IzzytennisStar7 is a splendid one to beholdIzzytennisStar7 is a splendid one to beholdIzzytennisStar7 is a splendid one to beholdIzzytennisStar7 is a splendid one to beholdIzzytennisStar7 is a splendid one to beholdIzzytennisStar7 is a splendid one to beholdIzzytennisStar7 is a splendid one to behold
 IzzytennisStar7 is offline Status: Offline

Nice guide mine is May7th!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

Great guide! I know this will help a lot of people! Googling things is probably one of the best things you can seriously do when making a DCT. :]]
Old 05-03-2010, 03:47 PM
JaydenSapphire1
Sage Bear
BABV Name: jayy(:

JaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to beholdJaydenSapphire1 is a splendid one to behold
 JaydenSapphire1 is offline Status: Offline

I could have sworn I made a guide extremely similar to this......
Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Marci

Marci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant future
 Marci is offline Status: Offline

LOL Yeah mee to Jayden :..
But.......
This is still awesome Destiny xDD Thanks!!
Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline

Good guide!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 AM
DestinyGirlsRock10
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DestinyGirlsRock10

DestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the roughDestinyGirlsRock10 is a jewel in the rough
 DestinyGirlsRock10 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by JaydenSapphire1
I could have sworn I made a guide extremely similar to this......

Sorry I never saw it though
Old 05-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Zoeadventurebear1052
Trading Teddy

Zoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud of
 Zoeadventurebear1052 is offline Status: Offline

Great guide!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
cara, zoe wuz here, zoeabear1052 was here!