BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Be Beariffic! > Games, Badges and Bearbills!

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear
BABV Name: YvetteCurlyFur

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice
 Rainribbon is offline Status: Offline
Default A Guide to Photo Safari - How to Maximize your score!

(Forgive me if something like this has already been posted, but I haven't found one yet.)

To maximize your score in Photo Safari, you have to do a few things:

1. Be patient - it takes a lot of patience to wait for the right beasties to show up!

2. Know the paths that your highest-scoring critters take. Do they go from left to right, or right to left? How do they move? How many times do they pass from one side to the other? These questions are the ones you'll need to answer to predict how to get the best photos.

3. Get as much of the creature in the dead center of your "camera lens" as possible. If you can get the whole animal in there, you'll get the most points possible out of it.

It's even better if you can get two animals in the same photo! The shot will count for more than each animal individually.

4. The most obvious one: know which animals are the highest scorers. For this, I've taken screen shots of the animals for you, and added my scores for each image to it. I tried to get each creature individually, so as to be specific on the scores that each one can give, without having another with it in the image.

I may have gotten higher scores on some of them at one time or another, but if I did, I didn't take a screen shot at the time. If I get a higher score for one of them, I'll try to remember to get a screen shot and edit this post accordingly.

So, to help with item #2 above, here are the highest-scoring animals and their trajectories:

Fairy: She travels once across the screen, from left to right. First she goes in an upward arch, leaves the screen at the top around the center (by the tree), then comes back downwards as she heads to the right.

Flying Squirrel (the easiest one from which to get lots of points): He glides in from the right and moves left, in a nearly horizontal, relatively slow path across the screen. He'll make two passes, both from right to left. He's the slowest-moving of the high scoring animals.

Jackalope (Bunny with Antlers): He's difficult to catch, but makes a couple of passes. First, he'll hop from right to left, very quickly. Then back from left to right, and a third time from right to left. On this third pass, he stops around the center of the screen temporarily (usually around where the rock is located), so that's a good time to get a picture of him.

Blue Dragon: He makes two passes, one from right to left and the other from left to right. He's very fast, but that's about all there is to his movement.

The unicorn will come up in the right-hand corner and stop there, paw at the ground and rear up before leaving. It's relatively easy to catch him, and while he's pawing at the ground, you can usually get more of him in the picture.

Both insects (butterfly and dragonfly) will land at set points: the butterfly on the flowers, and the dragonfly on the tree. You get the best scores out of them when they are landed.

You can get the best photo of the frog prince when he stops on the rock. He'll flip his crown up into the air before he hops off the screen to the left. Try to get him in the center with his crown in the picture. Without the crown showing, he counts less.

Now here's the part you've been waiting for, the pictures :

Click the image to open in full size.

And that's about it; the rest is practice! Happy hunting!

Last edited by Rainribbon; 06-14-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Abbie Hillsbear
Polar Bear

Abbie Hillsbear has a spectacular aura aboutAbbie Hillsbear has a spectacular aura about
 Abbie Hillsbear is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the guide!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:52 AM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice

You're welcome! I hope that someone finds it useful .
Old 05-16-2010, 04:21 AM
ILovePandas
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gerard.Frank.Mikey.Ray. ♥

ILovePandas has a spectacular aura aboutILovePandas has a spectacular aura about
 ILovePandas is offline Status: Offline

Good guide it was very useful!!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear

Thank you! I achieved higher scores on several animals, so I have updated the images accordingly. I also have an example of an image with two animals in it, to show how you can get a higher score for a single photo:

Old 05-19-2010, 05:08 PM
moonbow
Banned
BABV Name: TerminallyCapricious

moonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud of
 moonbow is offline Status: Offline

Very useful! Thanks fur posting!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:46 PM
RoseRed
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: RoseHoneyPot13(Jr Cybearguide)

RoseRed is on a distinguished road
 RoseRed is offline Status: Offline

Very nice guide! Thank you!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 AM
LindseyArtistBear10
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Umm... look up!!

LindseyArtistBear10 will become famous soon enough
 LindseyArtistBear10 is offline Status: Offline

Great Guide! I found it very usefull!!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM
LindseyArtistBear10
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Umm... look up!!

LindseyArtistBear10 will become famous soon enough
 LindseyArtistBear10 is offline Status: Offline

I just played it and saw a little box with a picture of a grizzly bear in a
choo-choo-train, so I took a picture of it. When I finished the game it said "You just earned a beary speciaL prize!" then I went to my inventory and noticed a new button:
I clicked on it and this came up:
Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear

Ooh, neat! Those must be the fountain prize targets that the fountain mentioned. I got a picture of a train engine when I played the fountain, but there is no item in my inventory. Maybe it means that I collected one of those things instead?

Edit: Glad you liked the guide
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT