BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Forum Rules > Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear
BABV Name: YvetteCurlyFur

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice
 Rainribbon is offline Status: Offline

Hmm, this is the kind of problem I foresee with something like this:

Suppose someone posts a piece of news, but someone else posts the same thing at the same time. If the one person wanted their thread and name to be the one to get on the front page of the site, they might get some friends to help remove the thread by reporting it unjustly.

Edit: While it's a good idea in theory, I think that such a system could easily start more fights than it is meant to stop.

Last edited by Rainribbon; 06-08-2010 at 04:43 AM..
Old 06-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Hal_Moose
Polar Bear

Hal_Moose has a spectacular aura aboutHal_Moose has a spectacular aura aboutHal_Moose has a spectacular aura about
 Hal_Moose is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon
Hmm, this is the kind of problem I foresee with something like this:

Suppose someone posts a piece of news, but someone else posts the same thing at the same time. If the one person wanted their thread and name to be the one to get on the front page of the site, they might get some friends to help remove the thread by reporting it unjustly.

Edit: While it's a good idea in theory, I think that such a system could easily start more fights than it is meant to stop.
I agree and also they could do the same to shops and games...
Old 06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
DarbiDaisy2
Polar Bear

DarbiDaisy2 will become famous soon enoughDarbiDaisy2 will become famous soon enough
 DarbiDaisy2 is offline Status: Offline

How about censor or edit it until a mod or admin could check it? If it gets a certain number of reports, it could display a message saying it was reported and a mod would check it as soon as possible. Just a suggestion...
Old 06-08-2010, 09:16 AM
DemetriaZeroBear
Banned

DemetriaZeroBear will become famous soon enough
 DemetriaZeroBear is offline Status: Offline

Wow Chantelle your good at suggestions
But what if its like a neworthy report? Like to get on front page?
We would have to do somthing about that
Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM
RoseLUVU
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gwyn

RoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond reputeRoseLUVU has a reputation beyond repute
 RoseLUVU is offline Status: Offline
Default I am in

I totally agree that is a great suggestion!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:49 PM
caitytouchdown
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Caitytouchdown(:

caitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to all
 caitytouchdown is offline Status: Offline

great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
KailyBubbles22
Banned
BABV Name: DakotaBanana134

KailyBubbles22 will become famous soon enoughKailyBubbles22 will become famous soon enough
 KailyBubbles22 is offline Status: Offline

yes good idea i do like the check box idea as well
Old 06-08-2010, 03:54 PM
courtneybear121
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Courtneyhoneyheart4

courtneybear121 has much to be proud ofcourtneybear121 has much to be proud ofcourtneybear121 has much to be proud ofcourtneybear121 has much to be proud ofcourtneybear121 has much to be proud ofcourtneybear121 has much to be proud ofcourtneybear121 has much to be proud ofcourtneybear121 has much to be proud of
 courtneybear121 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by StarrBalletBear
I like that idea, it would be awesome!

Maybe there could be like a checkbox or something and you could check "good report" or "bad report"?
Yeah but 20 would take a while maybe like 8 or so?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 PM
chantellefurshion
Polar Bear
BABV Name: chantellefurshion

chantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to behold
 chantellefurshion is offline Status: Offline

if a post is bad enough it will get 20 very easily
Old 06-09-2010, 03:08 AM
summersurf57
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SummerSurf57

summersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud ofsummersurf57 has much to be proud of
 summersurf57 is offline Status: Offline

i agree with you there
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT