BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Forum Rules

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 PM
purpleoranges
Polar Bear
BABV Name: rileyzoom15

purpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud of
 purpleoranges is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting , when I see Graphicas challenges, or poem challenges, or song writing challenges, I know that they came from my very own Writers Challenge. Now there is a fourth writers challenge! And after that a 5th, than a 6th, than a 7th.....
Old 06-28-2010, 01:49 AM
miss fuzzy pal
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gracie/Lori♥

miss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to beholdmiss fuzzy pal is a splendid one to behold
 miss fuzzy pal is offline Status: Offline

I agree. I mean if you do use someone elses avatar all you need to do is give them credit. :]]
Old 06-28-2010, 02:34 AM
KatyWhite2
Trading Teddy

KatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud ofKatyWhite2 has much to be proud of
 KatyWhite2 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks Yes, people make a big deal out of this for nothing. If someone copies your exact thing, and claims it to be their own, that's one thing. But someone making a picture that just happens to be similar to yours is nothing to cry over. Just kindly ask the person if they could give you credit somewhere. It can even be small! Thank you RainRibbon for reminding us.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 AM
DemetriaZeroBear
Banned

DemetriaZeroBear will become famous soon enough
 DemetriaZeroBear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon
I saw something about that in Coffee House. The song "California Girls" is a Beach Boys song from the late 1960s-early 1970s. Many people have made parodies of it over the years.
Yeah the person was like "New York girls was all my idea! And your song didnt make since, sorry but it didnt...." oh wel, somthing like that.

And you know, i made that song because i was born in new york and i spent hard work on it.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:21 AM
CaraPawprints1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: talk to me on the dct

CaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond repute
 CaraPawprints1 is offline Status: Offline

I agree completly! I wish I could give you a rep but I have to spread some around first :/
Old 06-28-2010, 10:06 AM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by purpleoranges
Thanks for posting , when I see Graphicas challenges, or poem challenges, or song writing challenges, I know that they came from my very own Writers Challenge. Now there is a fourth writers challenge! And after that a 5th, than a 6th, than a 7th.....
No offence...but I've never even heard about your Writing Challenge, so maybe they just started it out of the blue.

That's what makes people mad...I think.

When you use something, and someone comes up to you claiming they started it/it's theres/blah blah blah, the accused has no idea what they're talking about, because they never knew of it. So guys...great minds think alike.

And....a lot of the recent sig/avatar stuff that is being accused of copying...well, it's not. I've seen it on facebook, youtube, photobucket, ect...so it's everywhere, and others have thought of it before, during, and after you did...without even knowing you were/were going to.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Snewdles
Trading Teddy

Snewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond reputeSnewdles has a reputation beyond repute
 Snewdles is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by LorenaLoveable11
Thanks for making
this clear
I have had trouble
with it in the
past d:
Same here.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Serenawishes
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Acemarch9, Paw Fur Help Leader

Serenawishes will become famous soon enough
 Serenawishes is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting cos its kinda natural to get a bit annoyed if someone copied of your "invention" but I don't think we should bite everyone's heads off or start giving out.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear
BABV Name: YvetteCurlyFur

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice
 Rainribbon is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl
No offence...but I've never even heard about your Writing Challenge, so maybe they just started it out of the blue.

When you use something, and someone comes up to you claiming they started it/it's theres/blah blah blah, the accused has no idea what they're talking about, because they never knew of it. So guys...great minds think alike.

And....a lot of the recent sig/avatar stuff that is being accused of copying...well, it's not. I've seen it on facebook, youtube, photobucket, ect...so it's everywhere, and others have thought of it before, during, and after you did...without even knowing you were/were going to.
Yes, that's what I'm trying to explain. If you aren't the person who originally drew it, photographed it, wrote it, or crafted it in some other way, you're not the copyright holder. There are very complex laws around derivative works (imitations of other things, like if I drew my own version of Mickey Mouse on paper) and parodies.

For example, derivative works are not fully the creations of the person who made them. They can only be counted as that person's intellectual property to the extent that they are different from the original.

Examples:

1. A Miss Build-a-Bearville Pageant is based on Miss (insert location name here) such as Miss America, Miss France, and other national or regional Miss whatevers. If five people make Miss Build-a-Bearville pageants, they are likely to have arrived at the same idea by themselves.

2. The annual "50 Most Beautiful People" is posted in...err...whatever magazine does that (Time?) Three members of this site make "50 Most Beautiful Bears" or "[insert some number here] Most Beautiful Hairdos of Build-a-Bearville." They're imitating the magazine, not each other.

3. I go to the Bearywood Mall in Build-a-Bearville and I make a skirt that is pink with purple stars and a lavender paw belt. Someone else goes to the Bearywood Mall and makes a skirt that is almost exactly the same, because we both happen to like purple and pink clothing, and want skirts with stars and paw belts.

I run into this other person in the game, and both of us have characters wearing the same skirt. I can't say that she copied my skirt, because neither of us saw the other's until that moment.

4. I love Peter Gabriel music. Suppose that someone else on these forums also likes it.

Gabriel and his daughter come out with a new song, and we both hear it on the radio at different times in a week. Each of us makes a parody of this song and posts it to the forums. But neither of us read the other's parody before writing our own.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
purpleoranges
Polar Bear
BABV Name: rileyzoom15

purpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud of
 purpleoranges is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BriniGirl

No, they didn't The winner of my challenge made her own( that was the prize) and kept on going. I personally know the owner of the song challenge.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
<br!n!g!rl>, cara, kalina, meghan, simone was here <3, ♥jellybean