BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Forum Rules

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Piealamode
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JadeMusicLuvr13

Piealamode will become famous soon enoughPiealamode will become famous soon enough
 Piealamode is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for making this subject clear to everyone.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
moonbow
Banned
BABV Name: TerminallyCapricious

moonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud of
 moonbow is offline Status: Offline

Well.. My question mark thing I meant to use only for me and Starr. Now everyone is using it without permission.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:41 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for sharing! I have had troubles with this.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by moonbow
Well.. My question mark thing I meant to use only for me and Starr. Now everyone is using it without permission.
Yeah, I mean like, that's kinda different because like if a certain person uses an avvie that someone made for someone and you didn't ask the person who created it and just go ahead and use it then that's like stealing something and well like I'm not really thinking right, right now because it's 3:30 in the morning so I'm going to stop talking! xD
Old 06-29-2010, 08:29 AM
mickeyquack
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: michelleoctobear15

mickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond reputemickeyquack has a reputation beyond repute
 mickeyquack is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon
Yes, that's what I'm trying to explain. If you aren't the person who originally drew it, photographed it, wrote it, or crafted it in some other way, you're not the copyright holder. There are very complex laws around derivative works (imitations of other things, like if I drew my own version of Mickey Mouse on paper) and parodies.

For example, derivative works are not fully the creations of the person who made them. They can only be counted as that person's intellectual property to the extent that they are different from the original.

Examples:

1. A Miss Build-a-Bearville Pageant is based on Miss (insert location name here) such as Miss America, Miss France, and other national or regional Miss whatevers. If five people make Miss Build-a-Bearville pageants, they are likely to have arrived at the same idea by themselves.

2. The annual "50 Most Beautiful People" is posted in...err...whatever magazine does that (Time?) Three members of this site make "50 Most Beautiful Bears" or "[insert some number here] Most Beautiful Hairdos of Build-a-Bearville." They're imitating the magazine, not each other.

3. I go to the Bearywood Mall in Build-a-Bearville and I make a skirt that is pink with purple stars and a lavender paw belt. Someone else goes to the Bearywood Mall and makes a skirt that is almost exactly the same, because we both happen to like purple and pink clothing, and want skirts with stars and paw belts.

I run into this other person in the game, and both of us have characters wearing the same skirt. I can't say that she copied my skirt, because neither of us saw the other's until that moment.

4. I love Peter Gabriel music. Suppose that someone else on these forums also likes it.

Gabriel and his daughter come out with a new song, and we both hear it on the radio at different times in a week. Each of us makes a parody of this song and posts it to the forums. But neither of us read the other's parody before writing our own.
These are all really good Examples Rainribbon.
#2 Is People Magazine
#3 We both like purple. I bet we have some of the same clothes I would be flattered if someone copied me though
#4 Yes I like Peter Gabriel music too
Some people are quick to say they were copied. Unfortunately it happens in real life too. With the internet, we have all kinds of information and such at our fingertips. It makes copying easier unfortunately.

Last edited by mickeyquack; 06-29-2010 at 09:28 AM..
Old 06-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Purrincess98
Polar Bear

Purrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to beholdPurrincess98 is a splendid one to behold
 Purrincess98 is offline Status: Offline

I totally agree!
Thanks for posting :]
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 AM
DanicaAllHeart
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ChrissyAllHeart99

DanicaAllHeart is a splendid one to beholdDanicaAllHeart is a splendid one to beholdDanicaAllHeart is a splendid one to beholdDanicaAllHeart is a splendid one to beholdDanicaAllHeart is a splendid one to beholdDanicaAllHeart is a splendid one to beholdDanicaAllHeart is a splendid one to behold
 DanicaAllHeart is offline Status: Offline

OK, so now everyone is using me against myself?!!!!
I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT ANYONES FEELINGS!!
But I know that I was the first one on this website to make something out of the Katy Perry song!

Last edited by DanicaAllHeart; 06-29-2010 at 09:11 AM..
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Emmamusicluvr9
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ^.. call me Emma, Elmo, or Em!

Emmamusicluvr9 is just really niceEmmamusicluvr9 is just really niceEmmamusicluvr9 is just really niceEmmamusicluvr9 is just really nice
 Emmamusicluvr9 is offline Status: Offline

Woah Danica, calm down! No one is being mean to you, and there is no reason to type in all caps, and also, you were not the first person to think of it on here, there were probably some people who had heard it in real life but never did anything with it on here. So no need to go crazy and be mean.
And I totally agree RainRibbon.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
JulianneSmiley2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JulianneSmiley2

JulianneSmiley2 will become famous soon enoughJulianneSmiley2 will become famous soon enough
 JulianneSmiley2 is offline Status: Offline

Thank you fur posting I agree, isn't it supposed to be flattering when someone copies you?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
PinkyGirl275
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ♥PinkyGirl275♥

PinkyGirl275 is on a distinguished road
 PinkyGirl275 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks fur posting!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
<br!n!g!rl>, cara, kalina, meghan, simone was here <3, ♥jellybean