BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
jakeguitarhero272
Polar Bear
BABV Name: blake, and on babv hero!!! :D

jakeguitarhero272 is on a distinguished road
 jakeguitarhero272 is offline Status: Offline

thanks idk that
Old 07-01-2010, 05:41 PM
awog
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kayleestar100

awog is on a distinguished road
 awog is offline Status: Offline
Default I agree.

Rules are there for a reason. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Vanesa429
Polar Bear

Vanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to allVanesa429 is a name known to all
 Vanesa429 is offline Status: Offline

I agree! Thanks fur posting.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:12 PM
tigerhappy26
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Tigerhappy26

tigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to beholdtigerhappy26 is a splendid one to behold
 tigerhappy26 is offline Status: Offline

But what if you don't know it and say your away on vacation and someone hacks into your account and you say I was on vacation at say san deigo california? What would happen then???????? hacking seems to be a growing problem on BI.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear
BABV Name: YvetteCurlyFur

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice
 Rainribbon is offline Status: Offline

Once again, I do not believe that most of the "hacking" that goes on on BI is real. I believe that most of it is an excuse not to follow the rules. If someone truly "hacks" your account and you get into trouble for it, the location will probably not be your own home, anyway.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:45 PM
kathleenjuly8
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ^^^ Call me kathleen :)

kathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to behold
 kathleenjuly8 is offline Status: Offline

I'm not saying people should be breaking the rules, but why is that a rule??
Is there some logic behind it or did someone just decide to make it a rule because they felt like it?
Old 07-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice

The logic against having people share accounts does relate to rules. If one user on the account claims that rules were broken on it because the other user broke them, the account was still controlled to the point where rules were broken. If multiple users are not on the same account, one has no reason to complain that another messed up his account for him.

The logic against one person having multiple accounts also relates to rules. Someone can abuse multiple accounts to log in and continue posting when they are banned for breaking the rules, for example. I'm not interested in mentioning other reasons, because it might give people ideas.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:55 PM
kathleenjuly8
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ^^^ Call me kathleen :)

kathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to beholdkathleenjuly8 is a splendid one to behold
 kathleenjuly8 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Rainribbon
The logic against having people share accounts does relate to rules. If one user on the account claims that rules were broken on it because the other user broke them, the account was still controlled to the point where rules were broken. If multiple users are not on the same account, one has no reason to complain that another messed up his account for him.

The logic against one person having multiple accounts also relates to rules. Someone can abuse multiple accounts to log in and continue posting when they are banned for breaking the rules, for example. I'm not interested in mentioning other reasons, because it might give people ideas.
I don't mean to argue with you here, but if one user of an account allows another person to use it, and the other person breaks one of the rules, then the original user of the account should **** it up and consider more carefully of who she lets use her accounts in the first place.
For very young children their parents will insist they get to use their childrens account to monitor the posts they are making.
Also sometimes siblings like to share accounts, just because they do. And they should be a loud to do that.
And I can't be the only person on BI who agrees!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear

You asked why it was a rule. I explained. I also already addressed the issue of parents verifying their children's account activities, if you scroll back a few pages.

This thread was not posted to find out your opinion for a democratic vote on the issue. It was posted to enforce a rule which people have been consistently breaking.

If you don't like it, that's just too bad. I'm sure you can find some other forum where you'll be allowed to share accounts if that's what you want to do.

People use the excuse, "My sibling/friend/parent got into my account and posted something rude/inappropriate/personal" to break the rules. This excuse will not be tolerated, so you're the one who needs to understand the consequences and be careful about what you say and do with your account.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
CaraPawprints1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: talk to me on the dct

CaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond reputeCaraPawprints1 has a reputation beyond repute
 CaraPawprints1 is offline Status: Offline

I agree Rain
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
<br!n!g!rl>, ... jelly beans ♥, 99v was here! la la la!, cara, kalina, kn!ghtluvscookies, meghan, neydis ish awesome ;3, simone was here <3, team bubblegum!, xxxxxx, ♥jellybean