BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2010, 03:08 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline
Default PHOTOSHOP: Installing New and Accessing Old Brushes

This is a 2-in-1 guide, because for me, when I found out how to install new brushes, I discovered there are a hundred old brushes you can't see unless you click a button.
  1. Open a new web browser and go to http://www.brushesdownload.com/ .

2. Browse around until you find a brush you want. I chose the subcategory smoke, and like this brush pallette:
Click the image to open in full size.

3. Click on it's picture, and it brings you to this screen. (yours will most likely have a different title/auther/picture/etc because it will be a different brush)

4. This is the TRICKIEST part. You have to scroll until you get here, and click the download for free option. It's a smaller button, and in an unexpected spot:

5. This box will pop up. (again, it looks different for every brush. But it's the same basic stuff.)Click save, and save it to your desktop, or documents. Someplace easy to access.

7. Now go to that place. Most brushes when saved first, are .zip or .rar files. All you have to do is right click on them, 'extract HERE'. It's important to do extract HERE, otherwise it will tell you you have to buy winzip. This is the 'cheating' way.

8. Keep that window open, and go to your start menu. Click start>computer>HP:C/(or something similar)>program files>adobe>Photoshop(with your version, I'm using 7 right now because I have enough brushes on CS4, lol.

9. Now open the window where you saved your brush. If you extracted it correctly(or didn't even have to extract it) there should be the brushes name.abr. Click and drag it to the new window you opened. (start>computer>hp>program files>adobe>photoshop)

10. Open Photoshop. (NOW STARTS THE 2-IN-1 SORT OF THING)

11. Open a new document, any size, any color, anything, just a new one.

12. Click the brush tool.

13. Open the drop down brush selector, and click the arrow. (circled in this pic)

14. Now select ANY of the brush palettes or the one you just saved!!!

15. See? There were loads more default brushes, and now you can get even more for free!

YAY! Lol

Beware, brush downloading gets addicting. xD
Old 07-03-2010, 03:47 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline

I downloaded some brushes, and loved them. XD
Old 07-03-2010, 03:51 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't they fun?

NOTE: To people with older versions of photoshop, some brush downloads don't work. I find on the elements versions, many don't work. But on my CS4, all work.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:59 PM
babwiscool
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Jocelyn ‹3

babwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond reputebabwiscool has a reputation beyond repute
 babwiscool is offline Status: Offline

Thanks!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:00 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

You're welcome.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline

YES, they are! XD It's addicting. XD
Old 07-03-2010, 07:52 PM
MeoweeCat
Polar Bear
BABV Name: 『RebekahRocknRoll6』

MeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to behold
 MeoweeCat is offline Status: Offline

Nice guide! If I ever get Photoshop, I'll have to use this! ;]
Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 AM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

Thanks Rebekah!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:05 AM
ZoeAries7
Polar Bear

ZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond reputeZoeAries7 has a reputation beyond repute
 ZoeAries7 is offline Status: Offline

I just wish my photoshop worked
It's dodgy anyway :/
Old 07-05-2010, 11:22 AM
princessgirlcool
Sage Bear

princessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond repute
 princessgirlcool is offline Status: Offline

Cool! I am getting photoshop next month and I will try this!
Thanks for posting!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
<br!n!g!rl>, kalina, meowmeow >w<, meowmeowhasphotoshop