BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline
Smile Photoshop Elements 8: Gradient Text

Click the image to open in full size.

A Simple Quick 'n Easy Guide On How To Create Gradient Text

(Note- I used Photoshop Elements 8 Regular for this)

Step 1: Open up Photoshop Elements 8

Step 2:
Open up a new blank file

Step 3: Click the 'T' tool and type in your word

Step 4: When you have typed in your text and, it should turn out something like this.

Step 5: Look to your right on the PS8 screen. You should see this.

Step 6:
Make sure you have your layer selected, and click the CTRL (Control button). Your text should appear selected.

Step 7: Now, click on the gradient button.

Step 8: This bar should appear at the top.

Step 9: Click on the Gradient Color Bar.

Step 10: This screen should pop up. Choose your colors by clicking on the small boxes with arrows on top. You can choose 3, 4, etc. colors by choosing the colors with more boxes.

Step 11: After you've chosen your colors, click OK. And then you should appear back to the file with your text on it. When you are about to drag out your gradient on the text, a simplify type pop up should show. Click OK.

Step 12: Be sure to hold your 'shift' button as you drag out your gradient button.

Step 13: Ta-da! Your gradient text should show up! Crop, add a drop shadow, a bevel, a glow, or a stroke, and you're done!

(I added a black stroke)

Last edited by LuvNStuff; 11-08-2010 at 10:42 PM..
Old 07-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Abbibee258
Polar Bear

Abbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond repute
 Abbibee258 is offline Status: Offline

On Step Six.. It wouldn't work.... I am having so much trouble :/
Old 07-10-2010, 06:10 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

Step 6: Abbi if you're having trouble do this:

take the wand tool and click each letter individually...holding the shift key. Should work. You basically need everything selected.

Thanks MK! I do this when I use individual gradients(each letter is different). Glad you could help Abbi more than I could.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:12 PM
BrandonSeaShell6
Trading Teddy

BrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to all
 BrandonSeaShell6 is offline Status: Offline

Amazing guide! xD
Old 07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Abbibee258
Polar Bear

Abbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbibee258 has a reputation beyond repute
 Abbibee258 is offline Status: Offline

I got it.... But it looks bad.. I guess it just not my thing .
Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 PM
CupcakeGirl
Polar Bear

CupcakeGirl will become famous soon enough
 CupcakeGirl is offline Status: Offline

Thanks For Posting!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:20 PM
MeoweeCat
Polar Bear
BABV Name: 『RebekahRocknRoll6』

MeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to behold
 MeoweeCat is offline Status: Offline

Great guide! I finally know how to do a gradient now! Rep fo yoooou. xD
Old 07-10-2010, 06:26 PM
AJCool
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: -

AJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud of
 AJCool is offline Status: Offline

I am not so fancy about Photoshop, but it is amazing to see how Bearville Insider members are dedicated to helping the people who have just downloaded or installed the Photoshop. I know how complicated it can get especially when you have first come across it. I am happy to see you making this guide. These little guides add up to a lot and in a couple of days you got the basic idea of how to use Photoshop. Beautiful and very detailed. Excellent captured snap shots and perfect use of text. Thank you! (:

AJCool
Old 07-10-2010, 07:09 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline

Thank you so much for your comments everyone! Abbi- did it turn out OK?
Old 07-11-2010, 05:08 AM
PawsomeGirl
Trading Teddy

PawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 PawsomeGirl is offline Status: Offline

Awesome guide! I have CS3 so I do it in a different way. xD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
a-b-b-e-y, abb!bee, faelikescannedcorn, gradient, meowmeowhasphotoshop, photoshop elements, text, x::abigail::x, xxxxxx