BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Front Page News

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Justin
Owner
BABV Name: JustinOuterSpace

Justin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the rough
 Justin is offline Status: Offline
Default EXCLUSIVE: BI Owner Previews Motor Scooter Early!!

A new articles entry has been added:

Article# 128: EXCLUSIVE: BI Owner Previews Motor Scooter Early!!

Quote:
Click the image to open in full size.
I logged on to Build-a-Bearville early this morning and found a furbulous surprise! Thanks to some wonderful people in Build-a-Bearville, yours truly was given access to a Motor Scooter a few days early in Bearville. I must say, it is really PAWsome!!

For those that haven't seen the motor scooter in action yet, it works just like the Segway HT that you may have seen in real life. My character interacts with it in the same way that a human would interact with a real Segway: you can see me lean forward while it is moving and stand more upright to stop it!

The scooter is REALLY fast! I'm assuming that the Hoverboard and Propeller Hat move at the same speed as the scooter, which is twice as fast as normal walking speed -- maybe faster! I won't use the map nearly as much now that I have my scooter, since I can get from place to place so much more quickly!

Here's a picture of the scooter in my inventory in the vehicle tab.

I tested the scooter out on a variety of terrain and you can use it anywhere that you can normally walk: in your condo, in the stores, outside, etc.

In my testing, I also discovered that you cannot send the Virtual Rides through Bear Mail or trade them. This is great news to parents who may have been worried about buying the $10 Virtual Ride, only to have their son or daughter accidentally trade or send the Virtual Ride away!

Even though I have been able to test the Motor Scooter a few days prior to the official release, I didn't experience one bug or glitch! Everything worked perfectly! With my extensive experience in Webkinz World, no glitches on an innovative new item, especially before release, impressed me to no end!

I can promise that I'll be one of the first people lined up at my local Build-a-Bear Workshop on November 1st -- I still need a Hoverboard and a Propeller Hat!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:40 PM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

Cool, I saw you, it was fast, I can't wait to get my own. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
audrey
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AudreyPaws3

audrey is on a distinguished road
 audrey is offline Status: Offline

That is so exciting, Justin! Thank you for sharing all the great information and pictures! BABV is going to look totally wild after November 1st, when everyone's zooming around with those 3 different vehicles. We might get dizzy watching it all.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Justin
Owner
BABV Name: JustinOuterSpace

Justin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the rough
 Justin is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by sophiesosweet
Cool, I saw you, it was fast, I can't wait to get my own. Thanks for sharing.
Yep, I added you and came over to say Hi to you personally, but was getting mobbed!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:44 PM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

You were like a celebrity on that thing, people following you everywhere! Thanks for noticing me through those crowds, you're pawsome.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 PM
AmandaBearLove
Banned
BABV Name: AmandaBearDiva200

AmandaBearLove will become famous soon enoughAmandaBearLove will become famous soon enough
 AmandaBearLove is offline Status: Offline

Justin you're the man!!

I'm more of a scooter girl myself than a propeller hat or hoverboard. Here's a hint for the other moms, which is what I'm going to do. Get the kids the first one since it's a charitable donation and let them earn the other two.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 PM
fairlyoddmom
Administrator
BABV Name: TiffanyBubbles16

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation
 fairlyoddmom is offline Status: Offline

How exciting! Thanks for sharing the news Justin!

And to BABW..thanks for allowing one of us to have a sneak peek! You all are amazing!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
TheHappy
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbigailHappy5

TheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to behold
 TheHappy is offline Status: Offline

That's fabulous! BAB was so nice to give you that!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
CelinePawPrint
Knut
BABV Name: CelinePawPrint

CelinePawPrint is on a distinguished road
 CelinePawPrint is offline Status: Offline

I don't quite get it. Why did the people at BABV give you the scooter? So it could be tested for input?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Cutestkitten
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Nikibearycute4

Cutestkitten is on a distinguished road
 Cutestkitten is offline Status: Offline

OMG!! your so lucky!!! LOL i still don't understand how people are getting them early but thanks for the pics any way!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT