BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
DesiPurrincess1
Polar Bear
BABV Name: DesiPurrincess1

DesiPurrincess1 will become famous soon enough
 DesiPurrincess1 is offline Status: Offline
Default Do you wash your build a bear?

I want to try and wash mine because she doesn't seem to fluffy or furry. I am scared that something bad will happen! Have you ever washed yours, preferable a bear with not so long hair. If so, what happened?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:56 PM
BriannaBallet
Trading Teddy

BriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond repute
 BriannaBallet is offline Status: Offline

Like in the washing machine? DON'T DO THAT! USe like a damp washcloth and then use a blowdryer. It makes them softer.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:05 PM
DesiPurrincess1
Polar Bear
BABV Name: DesiPurrincess1

DesiPurrincess1 will become famous soon enough
 DesiPurrincess1 is offline Status: Offline

Okay thanks I will try that.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:23 PM
angel89
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Kaitlyn

angel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond reputeangel89 has a reputation beyond repute
 angel89 is offline Status: Offline

No but you can wash there cloths and air dry them
i got choclate on my bears cloths before my mom washed it air dryed it ,it cam off
Old 07-24-2010, 05:26 PM
99Valentine
Trading Teddy

99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute
 99Valentine is offline Status: Offline

The tag on the bears say "Surface wash & air dry."
Old 07-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Cutie411
Sage Bear
BABV Name: Call me Cristina[x No H[;

Cutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond reputeCutie411 has a reputation beyond repute
 Cutie411 is offline Status: Offline

My mom washed my buildabear with a Washer and Dryer =_= I wasn't a jolly camper (lol)...I was upset because its fur was ruined but it's ok, I got over it. Just letting you know you should not wash it like that. :]
Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

You CAN wash it with a washer, but you have to take out the stuffing and let it air dry.

It's easier (and better for the fur), to use a washcloth and let it air dry.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:40 PM
purpleoranges
Polar Bear
BABV Name: rileyzoom15

purpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud ofpurpleoranges has much to be proud of
 purpleoranges is offline Status: Offline

Water is almost never good for a buildabear. trust me, try patting it down with a damp paper towel, than dabbing the water out. After that, use the blow drier( on ice(( or the snowflake)) ) or blow on your bear until she or he is fluffy again. BABW also sells bear cleaner that comes in a big bottle, and lasts you a long time. They sell brushes too.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:45 PM
faithjoyful2
Polar Bear

faithjoyful2 is on a distinguished road
 faithjoyful2 is offline Status: Offline

ok i have put several like about 20 of my build-a-bears in the washer and dryer and they all came out looking perfect. you have to put them into a pillow case and put a hair tye or rubber band around the opening. its worked everytime and all my animals look as good as new.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
moonbow
Banned
BABV Name: TerminallyCapricious

moonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud ofmoonbow has much to be proud of
 moonbow is offline Status: Offline

I suggest putting them in a pillow case and tying up the pillow case, then washing the bear and air drying it. =]
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT