BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2010, 11:16 PM
BrooklynCinnamon6
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Brooklyn CINNI MON. 8D

BrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond repute
 BrooklynCinnamon6 is offline Status: Offline
Default -Guide to RPing-Starting and Continuing-

Do you love to RP (Role Play)? But maybe you wish you could get a bit better?
Or maybe you've never RPed before, but you think it looks interesting and want to learn more about it.
Well, this is the guide for you! (:
RPing is a fantastic and fun thing, and it really improves your reading and writing skills. (: I love to RP, so much that I even created my own RP. RPing also helps you become well known among many other RPers, and it helps you make amazing friends. I met some of my most amazing friends from RPing. (:
Well, now that I've introduced you into what RPing does, let me show you the basics.

.:The Beginning:.
So, suppose you've never RPed before, and want to get started. Well first you'll want to find the RP that's right for you, one that will help you get settled into RPing.
There are many great RPs out there, but sometimes it's hard to choose from them, since there are so many! I suggest that you look through, and see if any of their titles "speak" to you, maybe they have something you're interested in. Then, make SURE you look at the introduction, at what the RP is really about. And if it sounds like something you'd be interested in, and something that you could really get into, make a form, and sign up for the RP.

*I would start with just one RP, it helps you get settled in, and lets you see if it's something you'd really like. After you've REALLY gotten used to it, and think you're ready for another one, go find out if there's another RP that you'd really like to be a part of. (:

.:Tips for Starting:.
So, now you've found it, the RP that's best for you. After you've been accepted, you're ready to start RPing.
But, what do you do now? What are your posts supposed to be like?
For this, I'd suggest you look through the RP, look at some posts, see how other people usually post. Then, when you've got the feel of it, ask someone if they want to RP with you. This will be the person that your character is talking to, interacting with at the time. Sometimes it takes a while to find a person to RP with, but you'll find someone, trust me.
Once you've found someone, you can start RPing! I'd make sure to tell them that you're new. Maybe they can give you some tips, help you out a little.
Try to make your posts long, it's more enjoyable that way. It's not as fun (in my opinion) to only have 1-line posts. Try to put emotion and feeling into your posts, try to feel what your character would probably be feeling. (This part takes time, sometimes it's hard to get really deep into it.)
And also, make sure that what your character is doing is realiistic. (Unless you're doing an RP about magic or something. (; ) I've seen a lot of problems where someone makes their character do something TOTALLY unrealistic, like fly or something, when they're supposed to just be a normal human. A lot of fights have gotten started from this, so I'd try to avoid it. (;

.:Following the Rules:.
So now you're REALLY into RPing, you've gotten the feel, and you're really understanding what it's all about. But now, you need to make sure you're following all those important rules. (:
Two things are always a rule when RPing, no matter which RP you're on, you're never ever EVER allowed to powerplay, or god-mode.
Powerplay: Playing someone else's character, making them do something that the person who controls them didn't want them to do.
God-mode: Making your character perfect or invincible. Nobody's perfect, so don't make your character that way.
There's usually a lot of other rules. A lot of RPs want everyone to type AT LEAST one fully line, that means from side to side, all the way. Make sure you do this, if it's part of the rules.
Make sure to type in these: (( )), whenever your talking to someone, and not RPing. Maybe you need to ask someone to RP with you, you would need to put:
((Would anyone like to RP with me?))
You need to use those no matter which RP you're a part of.

.:Extra Tips:.
So by now you're really into RPing, and it's something you do a lot. Maybe you need so extra tips for good posts?
-Get the feeling. Try to get REALLY into your character, try to feel what they're feeling, to understand what they would be thinking.
-Make it interesting. Make your posts interesting. Try to add exciting things in, add special twists and surprises every once in a while.
-Don't take it too far. You don't always have to have a special twist inside every post, or have a HUGE new adventure with every person you RP with. Sometimes it's nice to just have a simple conversation between your characters. Add some special things in every once in a while, but don't get too crazy.

.:Have Fun!:.
This is the most important of all my tips. RPing was created so people could have fun writing together, not so they could fight over what was going to happen next. Try to get into your RP, but don't take it too seriously. Remember to have fun everytime you do it. (:

Well, that's pretty much all I have now. I'm sure that only a few people read the whole thing, it's so darn long. But I hope it helped you. (:

If you have anything you think I should add, make sure to tell me, and maybe I'll put it in! (:

Last edited by BrooklynCinnamon6; 07-30-2010 at 01:36 AM..
Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 PM
xRachelCatx
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachel2Hip1660. ☮

xRachelCatx has a spectacular aura aboutxRachelCatx has a spectacular aura about
 xRachelCatx is offline Status: Offline

Nice guide Brook! :]
Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 AM
MeoweeCat
Polar Bear
BABV Name: 『RebekahRocknRoll6』

MeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to beholdMeoweeCat is a splendid one to behold
 MeoweeCat is offline Status: Offline

Great guide, Brooklyn! (:
Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 AM
BrooklynCinnamon6
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Brooklyn CINNI MON. 8D

BrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond repute
 BrooklynCinnamon6 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks guys! (:
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
brooklyn(:, meowmeow >w<