BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Zoey2Hip24522
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ^

Zoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to behold
 Zoey2Hip24522 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AshleyLuv2Dance166
Wait, did you buy it from babw online or something like ebay? If its from babw, I'd call them and tell them because thats just not right! The song goes "with love in every stitch". Idk about you but I think that mouse looks like its been beat up lol! Definetly no love went into that stitching! xD
So yeah call babw and maybe email maxine the pic of calling is no help and tell her about your problem. She is very nice and should be able to help you with the problem. Hope I helped (:
Yeah, she said babw.com.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 AM
juliabearfun21
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JuliaBearFun21

juliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant future
 juliabearfun21 is offline Status: Offline

My bear, which is 5 years old, is still in perfect condition (no holes, rips, etc) so yours should definitely not look like that. You should gall Guest Services and/or email Maxine. I'm sure they will give you a new bear or a refund, since customer service is very important to them.

Last edited by juliabearfun21; 08-15-2010 at 12:59 PM..
Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by charliecuddles52
Last week I ordered my mouse.. I really wanted it, so I was really excited for it to come.. But when I opened the box an hour ago, I noticed this:
It came with no tags
It was really badly stuffed
It was really bad quality
And I really disliked it..
Then I found a hole in its side..
I'm am so upset..
Can I replace it? Or return it?
Is it supposed to look like this?
Hmmm, so I pulled out my mouse that I got when it was the 'year of the mouse' in 2008, and they don't look that different. If it has been sitting in a bin for a bit, then it might still be 'squished' and wrinkly and may need some time to de-wrinkle (which would make the fur look kinda funky).

Looking at mine, the mouse in your photo looks pretty close to how mine looks. The fur is a silky kind of shiny fur that looks kind of like hair, but it can look funny if it gets brushed the wrong way in lots of places. You can use your hand and brush it back down, and the whiskers just kind of go everywhere.

I'd say that yours looks a lot like mine, so I'm not sure what you don't like about it. Why do you say it's badly stuffed or poor quality? Not that I don't believe you, I just can't see anything wrong with the picture, you know?

I had a hole on my lamb and what my manager told me was that it was because it was over-stuffed (some people make them VERY full), and so after we removed a lot of her stuffing, we stitched the hole up and all was well.

Mine had tags for the year of the mouse, but I think the ones still available are just called 'mouse' now so it might not have the year of the mouse tags, but it should still have its barcode tag somewhere in the box (although I have received a few animals without tags lately from the website).

You could probably get it replaced (if they still have any left) or returned if you really don't like it. From the photo angle that you've taken, I don't see anything wrong with the mouse though, so I'd have to say that it is supposed to look like what you've shown at least.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Caroline4LeafClover465
Trading Teddy

Caroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant futureCaroline4LeafClover465 has a brilliant future
 Caroline4LeafClover465 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by musicalklutz
This is never the correct answer when dealing with these types of issues. If there is an issue with the item, call guest services and politely explain the issue. I guarentee that the issue will be solved with much more ease, and grace.

Please remember that all people employed by Build A Bear are here to help you, and yelling is just not a proper way to treat anyone.

I was joking xD
Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Remi11
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rain.

Remi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond reputeRemi11 has a reputation beyond repute
 Remi11 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by 99Valentine
Hmmm...my sister's came with tags, and it seems good quality. I would call BABW Guest Services and ask them about it. I know BABW has sewn up a bear for me after I had bought it, but that was just the back. So I think your best bet is to call. Hope you get your mouse fixed. (:
I agree. They shouldn't give you something that hasn't been fixed well.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Beachgirl87
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Just call me Miranda ok??

Beachgirl87 is a jewel in the roughBeachgirl87 is a jewel in the roughBeachgirl87 is a jewel in the rough
 Beachgirl87 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Zoey2Hip24522
*dials phone number*
Me: HEY! YOU GAVE ME A BEAR THAT IS OLD!
Babw: Oh, I'm sorry.
Me: *click*. xD

Yelling at them wouldn't fix anything. They try their best and without them, there would be no BI or furry friends. You should kindly ask them to replace it.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:40 PM
chantellefurshion
Polar Bear
BABV Name: chantellefurshion

chantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to beholdchantellefurshion is a splendid one to behold
 chantellefurshion is offline Status: Offline

That's the only bad thing about buying things when they are clearing their inventory!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Rainribbon
Sage Bear
BABV Name: YvetteCurlyFur

Rainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really niceRainribbon is just really nice
 Rainribbon is offline Status: Offline

Please be respectful of Build-a-Bear employees. Overall, they do work hard to make their customers happy, and I have to say that it is rare to get such good customer service out of a major company like theirs.

View Post Originally Posted by musicalklutz
This is never the correct answer when dealing with these types of issues. If there is an issue with the item, call guest services and politely explain the issue. I guarentee that the issue will be solved with much more ease, and grace.

Please remember that all people employed by Build A Bear are here to help you, and yelling is just not a proper way to treat anyone.
As musicalklutz said, they do their best to make sure every customer is happy. As a matter of fact, if a bear is ripped in such a way that they can't fix it, even if it's a small rip, it gets completely destroyed rather than sold.

View Post Originally Posted by kassiered
Hmmm, so I pulled out my mouse that I got when it was the 'year of the mouse' in 2008, and they don't look that different. If it has been sitting in a bin for a bit, then it might still be 'squished' and wrinkly and may need some time to de-wrinkle (which would make the fur look kinda funky).

Looking at mine, the mouse in your photo looks pretty close to how mine looks. The fur is a silky kind of shiny fur that looks kind of like hair, but it can look funny if it gets brushed the wrong way in lots of places. You can use your hand and brush it back down, and the whiskers just kind of go everywhere.

I'd say that yours looks a lot like mine, so I'm not sure what you don't like about it. Why do you say it's badly stuffed or poor quality? Not that I don't believe you, I just can't see anything wrong with the picture, you know?

I had a hole on my lamb and what my manager told me was that it was because it was over-stuffed (some people make them VERY full), and so after we removed a lot of her stuffing, we stitched the hole up and all was well.

Mine had tags for the year of the mouse, but I think the ones still available are just called 'mouse' now so it might not have the year of the mouse tags, but it should still have its barcode tag somewhere in the box (although I have received a few animals without tags lately from the website).

You could probably get it replaced (if they still have any left) or returned if you really don't like it. From the photo angle that you've taken, I don't see anything wrong with the mouse though, so I'd have to say that it is supposed to look like what you've shown at least.
The mouse I bought recently also looks much like yours (though it has the paper tag on its neck.) I ordered mine with no stuffing and stuffed it at the store, but there is nothing wrong with its quality.

In fact, I was much happier with mine than I thought I would be. I thought the fur would not be soft like it is.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
99v was here! la la la!, emmaflower owns zombies, juliabearfun21, meghan<3