BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Be Beariffic! > Games, Badges and Bearbills!

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Inibaz
Polar Bear
BABV Name: SolanaSunny

Inibaz is on a distinguished road
 Inibaz is offline Status: Offline
Post Friendship Forest Photo Safari Guide-Type Thing

The goal of the Friendship Forest Photo Safari is to take photos of animals to earn points that turn into Bear Bills and ranking in Visual Arts. Different animals earn different points. Below I've listed all the animals I've seen as well as a brief description of their appearance and most frequent travel paths.
In the pictures of my photos are the average amount of points received for that animal (out of three shots). Rarely were the points the same for the same picture of the same animal. I have a feeling the background has something to do with the points, or maybe how the animal is posed.

UPDATE: The Photo Safari has restricted how fast you can take pictures. You used to be able to take all 12 pictures of the same animal, earning many points in a short amount of time. Now it seems you can take one picture for every three you used to. Also changed, after the game you can see the points earned for each photo. This will make figuring out points-per-animal easier!

I'm still learning this game and finding patterns and will post more as I discover. I also need your help in fleshing out this guide, please post the discoveries you made while shooting up the forest!

Cardinal ~ This bright red bird starts in the Koala Tree on the far left of the forest and flies very quickly across the screen.

Dragon ~ Blue and one of the more rare creatures, it travels left to right and back again at a quick pace.

Dragonfly ~ Small and white, it flits from the left and perches on the first rock. It then flies up and to the right and lands near the top right part of the tree before flying quickly down and to the right of the screen.

Eagle ~ This large brown bird can pop out from either side of the forest and will fly by either two or three times.

Fairy ~ Tiny flying creature with purple wings and pink body.

Flying Squirrel ~ Grey with arms outstretched. Comes in from the right twice in a row.
View Post Originally Posted by pandyma618
I have found that I can get 1000 points each time taking pictures of just the flying squirrel and fairy (they are each worth 1000 points if you get them in the center of the photo).

The position to get both without having to move the camera is where the unicorn appears, as high as you can go, so there are 4 leaves from the bushes in each bottom corner of the camera frame. Then just be patient and snap the picture as they fly through the center of the frame.
Frog ~ Sits behind the grasses on the right, puffs up its cheeks before hopping left across the screen.

Jackalope ~ Tall and brown with antlers, this creature runs from left to right then left again, pausing just to the left of the middle rock.

Koala ~ Can only be found in the tree on the far left of the forest (I call it the Koala Tree). It climbs up the tree and pauses for a while before climbing down and around.

Lizard ~ Small and green, this animal moves very quickly from the rocks on the right of the screen to the left (pausing on the grass next to the rock) and back again.

Owl ~ Flies in from either side, swooping across the screen. It will land in the middle tree for a bit before flying off again.

Peacock ~ This blue bird has large, colorful feathers fanning out behind it. It pops up behind the bushes on the right side of the forest and strolls slowly across the screen.

Rabbit ~ Comes from behind the red flowers on the left and hops to the pond. The rabbit then hangs out behind the bushes by the pond.

Raccoon ~ Coming out from behind the bushes by the pond, this animal walks very slowly across the screen.

Red Butterfly ~ Flies in from the left and settles on one of the red flowers. It the flies right across the forest in a zig zag manner.

Royal Frog ~ Green frog with a gold crown, it hops from the pond across the screen. It sits on the left-side rock and takes time to flip it’s crown in the air before hopping off to the left.

Snake ~ Slithers from the pond across the screen. It travels through the middle of the forest, behind the hills and rocks.

Squirrel ~ Tan little animal that sits on the left-side rock before scampering quickly right across the screen.

Unicorn ~ Arriving in a sparkle, this white mythical creature stands and rears in the clearing behind the pond before walking left to the tree and disappearing in another shower of sparkles.

WoodStabbing Bird ~ Settles on the middle tree, pecks for a while, moves slightly up and down then leaves.

Non-animal Point Earners
See pictures for placement. Please note that the picture taken isn’t the same thing you see through the viewfinder in the game. Finding the exact placement for the points will take a small amount of practice. The points gained from these items are small and won’t do much in the way of collecting BBs and VA points, it’s just interesting. If anyone has a theory about why these non-animal places of the forest create points, please share! Maybe we’re photographing ants or termites.

2 or More Animals
There is a theory brewing that you will receive extra points for having 2 or more animals in the photograph.

Thank you for reading this guide, I'll add more as I play and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and theories!

Click the image to open in full size.

Most recent photos courtesy of AstridOctober, thanks! AstridOctober also reports,
Quote:
There's definitely a point difference for shooting your photos in the middle of the area. Try and keep your animals and magic creatures inside the circles for more points and more BB.

Last edited by Inibaz; 11-25-2008 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: updated game information.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
sUpErKiWi
Knut
BABV Name: ElaineSoccerBear

sUpErKiWi is on a distinguished road
 sUpErKiWi is offline Status: Offline

thanks! i needed this guide =D
Old 11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
juicycouture
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: HayleyCheerBear22

juicycouture is on a distinguished road
 juicycouture is offline Status: Offline

thanks, this really helped me
Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Inibaz
Polar Bear

I'm glad this guide helps you! Don't hesitate to submit information, together we can find patterns and crack this Safari!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 PM
LaLissi
Polar Bear
BABV Name: IndiaHoneyBee

LaLissi is on a distinguished road
 LaLissi is offline Status: Offline

This is a great guide! In the rules it says smaller faster animals earn more points. Hmmm....
Old 11-04-2008, 05:27 PM
LaLissi
Polar Bear

There are also butterflies that fly around sometimes.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:34 PM
LaLissi
Polar Bear

I think it may have to do with whether or not the animal is moving, if it's looking at you, and how much of it is visible. How do you know how many pts. you got for each picture?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
KristinaTennis1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BayleeAllHeart11

KristinaTennis1 is on a distinguished road
 KristinaTennis1 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting that! Now I know which animals to get in order to get the most points! Thanks again!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:39 PM
pandyma618
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AngieArtistBear6

pandyma618 is a jewel in the roughpandyma618 is a jewel in the roughpandyma618 is a jewel in the roughpandyma618 is a jewel in the rough
 pandyma618 is offline Status: Offline

I have found that I can get 1000 points each time taking pictures of just the flying squirrel and fairy (they are each worth 1000 points if you get them in the center of the photo).

The position to get both without having to move the camera is where the unicorn appears, as high as you can go, so there are 4 leaves from the bushes in each bottom corner of the camera frame. Then just be patient and snap the picture as they fly through the center of the frame.

I have managed to get 11,000 points (not the highest score according to BABV, but its my high score).

That's the best advice I can give for the game.... hope it helps
Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Inibaz
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by LaLissi
I think it may have to do with whether or not the animal is moving, if it's looking at you, and how much of it is visible. How do you know how many pts. you got for each picture?
That makes alot of sense about the position of the animal when you take the pic. I'm going to focus on one animal at a time and take pics in different poses.

I wrote down my points after every pic I took then went backwards up the list, subtracting from the number below and matched that up with the pics in the book at the end of the game.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT