BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 02:04 PM
savanahcute25
Trading Teddy

savanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond repute
 savanahcute25 is offline Status: Offline
Default ~UPDATED~ ANIMATED CONFESSION AVVIES!! ~How to make a Confession Avvie and an animated Confession Avvie on Gimp with pictures!! This is the way I do it :)

How to make a Confession Avvie on gimp!!!

*This is the way I make them.

1. Open up Gimp. Open up your picture by going to file and open.

2. Double click the text icon in the toolbar. The text icon is circled in the following picture. A little box should pop up. Change the font to Century Gothic. Change the text size to somewhere around 13. Make sure the text color is white.
Click the image to open in full size.
3. Click the picture and type your text. You can drag the corners of the text box to make the box bigger, and you can drag the box and move your text to where you want it to be.

4. Once you have your text, click Layer, and new layer. Then press ok. Make sure your new layer is right about the pasted layer. If not, then click the new layer and drag it down so it's right above the pasted layer or the picture. basically, the new layer should be under the text layer.
5. Click the paintbrush tool and change the color to black. Then start coloring under the words.
6. Now go to filters, decor, and add border. Change the Border x size and the border y size to 8. Change the Border color to what you want it to be, and change the Delta color on Value to 1. Then press ok.
7. Click the picture layer. In this case, I need to click pasted layer because that is the layer that I put my picture on. Go to Filters, Distorts, and Video. Change the Video pattern to 3x3. Then press ok.
8. You are now finished with your confession avvie. You are ready to save it.

Here is what your final result should look like:
That is how you make a non-animated confession avvie.

How to make an animated Confession avvie!

1. Once you make the non-animated confession avvie, save it. Then close gimp.

2. Open up gimp again, and open up the confession avvie you just created.

3. Open up a new transparent layer, and draw a little dot beside your text.

4. Open up another transparent layer and draw another dot beside the first dot.

5.Open up a third transparent layer and draw your last dot beside the second one.

6. You use now have 4 layers. One layer with your confession avvie, a transparent layer with your first dot, a transparent layer with your second dot, and a transparent layer with your third dot.

7. Now go to file, save as. Make sure you save it as a gif. Once you hit save, something should pop up. Make sure you click save as animation. Then click Export and save. You are now done with your animated confession avvie.

Here is what your final result should look like:

I hope this wasn't too difficult to understand!! Enjoy Let me know if you have any questions. And please post your results

Last edited by savanahcute25; 10-17-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 02:06 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

bettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond repute
 bettybeach13 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks so much cute!Rep point.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:07 PM
savanahcute25
Trading Teddy

savanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by bettybeach13
Thanks so much cute!Rep point.
You are welcome And thanks!! Sorry I couldn't put the animation part into it. I really don't know how to explain it :/
Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

bettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond reputebettybeach13 has a reputation beyond repute

It's okay.I just need to know the basic part before I learn that.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:10 PM
savanahcute25
Trading Teddy

It's okay.I just need to know the basic part before I learn that.
Okay I will update this guide and put the animation part into after I figure out how to explain it xDD
Old 10-11-2010, 02:12 PM
CaKeCuP8
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: anje

CaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud ofCaKeCuP8 has much to be proud of
 CaKeCuP8 is offline Status: Offline

I do that to my aviees all the time
Good guide !
Old 10-11-2010, 02:13 PM
savanahcute25
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by CaKeCuP8
I do that to my aviees all the time
Good guide !
Thank you
Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

I have one question.When you say the first step how do I change the color and font?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:22 PM
savanahcute25
Trading Teddy

I have one question.When you say the first step how do I change the color and font?
Once you double click the text icon (The little A), a little box should pop up. Click the box beside font, and scroll down the list until you find the font named Century Gothic. Then click the color box and choose your color.

EDIT: I just added a picture on that step to help you

Last edited by savanahcute25; 10-11-2010 at 02:24 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 02:30 PM
bettybeach13
Trading Teddy

Thanks so much.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
carlz <3, laura<3, meghan<3, savanahcute25