BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > About Buildabearville! > Looking for Special Guests!

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 10:20 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline
Default Using Good Manners Around Special Guests

Today, Jaocybearguide spent a great deal of time and did a storytelling for the citizens of BABV. You all know how difficult it is to speak in BABV, so telling a story from a real book, is quite a challenge. He told the entire story of "Jack and the Beanstalk" in BABV Bear Speak.

A story that should have taken him under an hour to tell, took almost two hours. Why? All the excess chatter and interrupting. And the people who come into a room and right away want to trade. This crowd wasn't as bad as some but it was still frustrating and he almost stopped a few times.

So, when you are around the special guests of BABV, be on your best behavior and remind your friends that they should be also. The side chattering gets very distracting and the chat log scrolls by too fast and the guests can not keep up with the conversations.

We want to the guests to continue to visit and if we are on our best behavior, maybe they will visit more often.

Thank you Jaocybearguide. That was an outstanding storytelling and well worth sitting through.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:30 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Faithballetbear5

FaithBalletBear5 will become famous soon enough
 FaithBalletBear5 is offline Status: Offline

Very well said!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
colinpink
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: colinpink

colinpink is on a distinguished road
 colinpink is offline Status: Offline

I know to tell the story is quite challenge for him. We shall respect what he is doing for us. Believe me, it is hard. One day Hannahcybearguide was sick and people decided to tell bed time story for her. I made a story. but it was so hard in a limited conditon. He is working very hard for us.

We shall listen to (read) his story with good attitude
Old 06-27-2008, 06:49 AM
kitten1462
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: FrancescaBearPaw1

kitten1462 is on a distinguished road
 kitten1462 is offline Status: Offline

Wow, nicely said, JessBear Hug. Storytelling in BABV is hard. The words are so stubbourne. I storytell in real life, at my school there is a "Strorytelling contest" And I have competed for 3 years. I am a very good storyteller and actor. The first year, the story had to be over 3 minutes long, and I probably would have won if it was over 3, but It wasn't. The second year, I won. And this year, the third year, I won. I will also try next year!

But anyways, all the cyber guides are really nice, and i hate it when people try to talk to any of them in a situation like that.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM
MelindaSnowflake2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MelindaSnowflake2

MelindaSnowflake2 will become famous soon enoughMelindaSnowflake2 will become famous soon enough
 MelindaSnowflake2 is offline Status: Offline

Every time I have been to Story Time, someone is doing something wrong. One time, Jao politely asked a girl to sit down, but she refused and stood up at the front saying "Hi, Hannah!" and "Bye, Hannah!" for ten straight minutes. During "The Frog Prince", he had to ask us several times if we were listening, which most of the audience was not doing.

If you don't want to listen to the story, you don't have to. Leave politely and let that be the end of it.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 AM
LindaFriendly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LindaFriendly

LindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of lightLindaFriendly is a glorious beacon of light
 LindaFriendly is offline Status: Offline

I went to story time last week, and I stood in the back because all the seats were taken. There was a girl sitting in the teacher chair and she yelled at me to sit down when Jao was telling a story. I politely told her that there were no empty seats and then she yelled 'sit down friendly!!' She kept on saying that and I didn't want her to keep interrupting Jao so I just left.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 AM
lizzybee
Polar Bear
BABV Name: lizzybee

lizzybee is on a distinguished road
 lizzybee is offline Status: Offline

I have never been to storytime, but it sounds neat. It would be great if BABV could post a little note during storytime to remind everyone to be polite.
The people interrupting may not even know that it is storytime. I would hope they would be more polite if there was a little sign to tell them.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:29 AM
shyboy01
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KevinDude29

shyboy01 will become famous soon enough
 shyboy01 is offline Status: Offline

i have never been to story time either and we should be on our best behavior so i agree with Jess!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 PM
JenniferFriendsFurever9
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JenniferFriendsFurever9

JenniferFriendsFurever9 is on a distinguished road
 JenniferFriendsFurever9 is offline Status: Offline

nicely well done jessbearhug! i don't like it when people try to interrupt you, even when you want to tell a great story or singing a song.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 PM
mikaelascubabear
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Mikaelascubabear, or Miki!

mikaelascubabear is on a distinguished road
 mikaelascubabear is offline Status: Offline

It very well is hard to tell stories...
1) we can't say various words

2)All the chit-chat that is going on!
Sometimes when you talk in between someone's story, like jao's can tell them you don't like their story!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT